About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Monday, June 25, 2012

Moar cat poems!!

Jenny on the need for more poems about cats, or at least her current success in placing cat poems -most recently one in the high-circulation NSW School Magazine:
Oddly, it's NOT one of the, ahem, three cat poems that I read at Continuum 8 (which was a marvellously warm and friendly Con, and all praise to the organisers). I was one of four people reading, in a batch including Kelly Link; I'd been deputed to read something suitable for kids, and I wasn't all that enthused about the idea of reading MY prose after Kelly's prose. Cat poems seemed the perfect answer [...]
From all accounts (I had a clash and couldn't get to it), the cat-poem reading at the convention was a great success.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woof, woof!

Unknown said...

Poems are based on natural themes and human emotions that can make anyone feel happy.

Poems