About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Quick catch-up on what's going on

Lots of debate on the free will thread two posts down, so I've been making comments there rather than creating new posts on related topics.

Meanwhile, I'm currently reading Thomas Pynchon's newest book, Inherent Vice (2009) and judging Jerry Coyne's kitteh contest (with Ophelia Benson and Miranda Hale).

Oh, and working on proofreading of a book manuscript. Hmmm, a fair bit happening, actually.

1 comment:

Blake Stacey said...

Inherent Vice seemed to me the most genial and, dare I say, optimistic of Pynchon's novels. The dehumanized digital machines of TCL49 and the Grid of Gravity's Rainbow have become ARPA's proto-Internet, a tool which works for the good guys at least some of the time.