About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Kitteh contest

Jerry Coyne has announced, so I'll follow suit, that the results of the kitteh contest have been decided. Your celebrity judges - Ophelia Benson, Miranda Celeste Hale, et moi - have reported, and the results will be announced this coming weekend over at Why Evolution Is True.

3 comments:

Miranda Celeste Hale said...

I tried to be a tough, critical judge, but it's really hard to give any kitteh a failing grade!

Brian said...

So, did my cat win? I'll keep it just between us.....

Ophelia Benson said...

It's incredibly hard to give any kitteh (or its human) a failing grade!

I attempted to soothe my battered feelings via grade inflation; the lowest grade was 3, not 1. I also added all sorts of mental stipulations - which are true enough - that it's not the kitteh, it's just that the kitteh doesn't happen to have an ideal photo.