About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, August 19, 2011

That time of year again

Yes, the years roll around. Yesterday was my birthday, and I've been celebrating with a series of birthday lunches over the last few days.

Here I am with my father at today's lunch. Happy day-after-birthday to me. Another year older and even greyer, but I guess that's a lot better than the alternative.

5 comments:

Darrick Lim said...

Happy birthday Russell! I certainly hope to be as intellectually engaged as you when I earn my grey. :)

Russell Blackford said...

I hope I'll still be as switched on as my dad when I reach his current age.

Jerry Coyne said...

Happy birthday, mate!

Charles Sullivan said...

You hardly look a day over 40. Happy birthday.

Miranda Celeste Hale said...

Aw! You guys are adorable :)