About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Monday, March 21, 2011

Working on the old scholarly apparatus, etc.

Over the last two weeks or so, I've been working on final revisions for my forthcoming book on freedom of religion. This has involved strengthening some of the points where it was maybe a bit "thin" or weak, addressing some new developments (such as the Lautsi v. Italy outcome last week), and, above all, trying to get all the scholarly apparatus (the notes and bibliography) into a better form. I still have a handful of page references to check, and maybe I need to do some last-minute proofreading ... but this is otherwise the final version.

The book has grown by 6,000 words to just over 90,000. It should be on sale in either late 2011 or early 2012- though with a formal 2012 publication date either way. There'll be more reports coming your way as the process goes on.

And in other news, Udo Schuklenk and I have been sent the contract for our next book together (Udo has signed the contract copies, he tells me, and they are in the mail on the way from Canada to Australia). More on this as well, as it unfolds.

2 comments:

Jason Streitfeld said...

Very interesting . . . but 50 myths about atheism? Will you be contractually obligated to write about 50? That's a lot of myths! I don't expect you'll find nearly so many to write about, but it could be fun trying. Or a nightmare.

Russell Blackford said...

I think we'll find 50. It's marvellous what misconceptions are around.