Chimaera Publications has recently republished a series of six classic speculative fiction novels dating from the 1880s to the 1930s. I think this is a wonderful idea and wish the project well, though the titles chosen may not all be ideal for the purpose).
Over the next week or two I'll post some reviews of these works. In order, the series is:
1. The Crowned Skull by Fergus Hume.
2. The Shrieking Pit by Arthur J. Rees.
3. Vandals of the Void by James Morgan Walsh.
4. A Bid for Fortune or Dr Nikola's Vendetta by Guy Boothby.
5. A Week in the Future by Catherine Helen Spence.
6. Out of the Silence by Erle Cox.