About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stump an Atheist

I'm going to give a plug to this new blog created by Ryan Benson, which advocates an atheist perspective by answering questions from the public. From what I've read, Ryan is giving thoughtful, civil, and rather comprehensive answers, and this may well be one of the most effective ways to get the point across.

Go and check it out for yourself - you might like it. 

4 comments:

Tony Lloyd said...

The site has "designed by AJOOMLA.COM" on it.

Not a good advert for them : it doesn't work!

josef johann said...

Lawrence Krauss said on a recent NPR podcast that there is research showing that confrontation is very successful at getting people to change their beliefs. Not sure what he was referencing, but I'd love to know.

RBH said...

And my reader can't find a feed. But it does look to be worth reading.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading it all afternoon. It's rather nice. he's quite friendly about it all, but doesn't shy away from most points. having spent a share of time reading the PZs and Ophelia's of this world, I'd argue he doesn't quite go in hard enough on some arguments and maybe lets too much slide, but it's nonetheless well worth a read, and puts things well, in layman's terms, as it were.

David M