About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Embiggen Books gig tonight

Do come along if you're in Melbourne - I gather there are still seats available. This is likely to be a cosy setting to meet people, too, so it has that advantage over other gigs that are happening tonight.

The topic is about a plan for secularism in Australia (though it will be interesting to think about how this differs from secularism in other countries). It does seem to me that policy in Australia is generally driven by secular goals, to be pursued in secular ways - but are there lingering influences from more theocratic times? I think there are. I think there's much to do if we recommitted ourselves to the notion of secular government.

Come along and hear about it.

No comments: