About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Toronto

As mentioned in the comments on the last post, we're now in Toronto. We're staying in a B&B in beautiful and historic Cabbagetown, and just spent a couple of hours on a tourist walk, gawking at the parks and the amazing real estate ... followed by drinks on the way back. It's relaxing here, and it's great to be enjoying summer at a time of year when the weather back home is miserable.

Will post somewhat intermittently on random touristy topics for the next days, I expect.

2 comments:

robert_h said...

Welcome to TO Russell! I hope you enjoy your brief stay.

I assume you have access to all the information you need here. If not just let me know and I'll try to help you. I live in Mississauga

Russell Blackford said...

Thanks, Robert. Pity we're passing through so quickly this time. Would have been good to stop longer and arrange to catch up with friends. Oh well, next time.