About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A progressive statement by Tennis Australia, re Margaret Court

Tennis Australia has issued a statement distancing itself from Margaret Court's widely-publicised homophobic views. This is a good gesture, and let's praise the organisation for it.

I won't be able to get along to the Australian Open, in Melbourne, this year (I did last year, even though I now live 600 miles away, but I can't see it happening often). Hopefully it will be a great tournament.

I've been enjoying the warm-up event - which is actually a star-studded tournament on the women's side - in Sydney. Nah, not driving down for it, but at least watching a fair bit of it on TV, when I'm not thinking about Plantinga's views on evolution and the historical record of human atrocities. Those are my favourite topics right now.

H/T Jason Ball.

No comments: