About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, January 06, 2012

Malik replies to Greenpeace's reply to Malik

Over yonder. I get that Greenpeace had to use whatever arguments were likely to be successful in court, but this is not a good look for it. It has publicly argued on exactly the basis that Malik describes and is now stuck with that as its position.

This is all a bit obscure, I suppose, but if you're not up with the detail of what is being talked about in his post, go here. The post I just linked to, my first one at Talking Philosophy, copped some criticism for getting too deep into the legal technicalities, but this stuff is important, and it's important to try to get it right.

No comments: