About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, January 06, 2012

New issue of The Philosophers' Magazine

Go here for the new issue of The Philosophers' Magazine. Some - but I'm not sure if all - of the content is available online. The available content includes the reviews, and these, in turn, include my review of Philip Kitcher's new book, The Ethical Project.

(If you read the whole review, you'll see that I'm more impressed by the book's main line of argument than the editorial matter suggests ... but it's true that some aspects left me rather unconvinced, especially when Kitcher starts trying to apply the theory to actual moral questions such as abortion and cloning.)

2 comments:

Jean Kazez said...

Just the reviews are online. Alas, everything else is behind a pay wall.

Russell Blackford said...

Fair enough, too - the magazine has to pay for itself somehow.