About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Michael Ruse replies to me

To be honest, I haven't even had a chance to read this yet, as I've had a bit to do today ... but Michael Ruse has replied to me over at Talking Philosophy. Something for me to check out tomorrow! But hey, you can check it out while I'm sleeping.

At a glance, it looks like his response is mainly setting out his current metaethical position, which might be interesting. There are other topics in the ongoing debates about scientism, the power of science, etc., some of which I'm taking taking up in slightly more depth, all going well, in a forthcoming issue of Free Inquiry. Meanwhile, let's see how this argument about moral facts, etc., plays out.

No comments: