About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A useful post about reviewing on Amazon

Every writer should read this post by Anne R. Allen - I guess I already knew a lot of it, but not all of it. And it's good to have it all in one place, and to be able to spread the information to others.

2 comments:

Anne R. Allen said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out, Russell. This post has got me the most amazing amount of flak from regular Amazon reviewers who think I'm telling them how to do their job (and apparently, how to dress.) I've been told I'll "never be reviewed on this Internet again!" I hope you haven't had any negative feedback for posting it. I only meant to empower readers--many of whom belong to my "Boomer" demographic--who don't always think of reviewing their favorite books.

Looks like a smart, intelligent site. Jenny's books look fascinating. Thanks!

Russell Blackford said...

Hi, Anne! Thanks for dropping by.