About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Marriage and money

Mike LaBossiere has an interesting thread going on over at Talking Philosophy - and I just made a longish comment. This argument can be a sore point with many people, one way or the other, but see what you think.


Svlad Cjelli said...

You guys crack me up. :D This is a sore point?

Russell Blackford said...

It evidently is with the original poster - who has been going through a divorce. I'd say that divorce settlements are a very sore point with many people.

Ken Pidcock said...

I have to say that I like your take. Reading the post, and more so the Quigley link, I was led to ask what these folks thought the arrangement was.