About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, November 11, 2011

New post at Talking Philosophy

This one is on whether religion makes factual claims. I'm quite happy to accept that it (often) does.

I need to write a follow-up post, though. This current one sets the stage for whether Keith Ward has a good understanding of the relationship between the sciences and the humanities, and the relationship of both to religion. I don't think so. Jerry Coyne agrees with me on this, but I think our reasons will turn out to be slightly different.

Edit: You might want to contribute to the discussion over there - in fact I encourage you to. Be warned, though, Talking Philosophy is pretty strict about civility, assuming good faith, etc.

1 comment:

K said...

"Talking Philosophy is pretty strict about civility, assuming good faith, etc."
I suppose that restraint is a good thing. There's a time and place for everything, and it's called Pharyngula. ;)