About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Trust me!

I'm just back from the launching of Paul Collins' new anthology of genre stories for young adults, Trust Me! This features 50-odd stories, including a new fantasy story by Jenny. Paul, as editor and publisher, has done a beautiful in putting the package together.

About half the authors were present, so this was a fun occasion, with much passing around of copies for multiple signatures from as many contributors as possible, etc. Jenny visibly had a great time, and hey I did, too, though it's always the most fun to be in an anthology when it's being launched. :)

Paula Kelly gave a generous speech in introducing Paul, and Paul gave a generous speech in which he thanked everyone he could think of (even I got a mention, though I really had nothing to do with this book, except as Jenny's in-house proofreader).

Jenny and I had a tasty dinner with a few friends afterwards ...

And okay, now back to work.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Sounds cool. A different world, but a cool sounding one. :)