About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, July 20, 2007

No demonic attributes

Here's a couple of last photos from the Australasian Association of Philosophy conference: one of Nicole Vincent with, of all people, Russell Blackford, the other of Amanda Hickling (who looked truly demonic before I turned her pupils back to black).


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey doc..nice pictures.. the women in philosophy are extrememy aphroditic.. you must introduce me to them sometime. Are you going to Chicago for TV07 ?

I have been voraciously blogging. Would like you to take a look at it at : http://cyborgfantasy.blogspot.com

V.R.Manoj.

Russell Blackford said...

I must admit that I haven't looked at your blog lately - must do so.

No, I won't be able to make it to the Transvision conference, interesting though it would be. It's a bit difficult (and expensive) from so far away, and not a good time of year for me, as I am teaching at the moment.

Russell Blackford said...

I wonder how Dr Vincent and Ms Hickling feel about being described as "aphroditic" ... assuming that they have seen it. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ack.. please don't tell them ! But then again, one cannot blame single, young and wandering hearts such as mine !
http://cyborgfantasy.blogspot.com

Russell Blackford said...

lol, I suspect you've already been sprung. I know that Nicole Vincent has had a look at this blog. I don't know whether Amanda Hickling has.