About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Marriage and money

Mike LaBossiere has an interesting thread going on over at Talking Philosophy - and I just made a longish comment. This argument can be a sore point with many people, one way or the other, but see what you think.

3 comments:

Svlad Cjelli said...

You guys crack me up. :D This is a sore point?

Russell Blackford said...

It evidently is with the original poster - who has been going through a divorce. I'd say that divorce settlements are a very sore point with many people.

Ken Pidcock said...

I have to say that I like your take. Reading the post, and more so the Quigley link, I was led to ask what these folks thought the arrangement was.