About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, July 29, 2011

US trip in February-March 2012

I'll be travelling to the US east coast in late February and the first couple of weeks of March next year. The reason behind it is that I'll be speaking at the Council for Secular Humanism conference at the start of March. I'll also be taking the opportunity to have a bit of a holiday in New York City and Boston. Amongst it, I'll fit in some other gigs (including one at CFI headquarters in Amherst, NY).

At the moment I'm just juggling some of the details, but this is something that I'm very much looking forward to - just wish I could go for a bit longer. Alas, I'm not going to be able to fit in everything that I'd like to. E.g. it would have been nice to get to Washington, DC,which I haven't visited for well over two, going on three, decades.

5 comments:

Ophelia Benson said...

I'll be speaking at the Council for Secular Humanism conference at the start of March.

So will I.

Russell Blackford said...

I'll look forward to meeting you.

Rieux said...

February and March? What an odd time of year to forsake Australia for Washington, New York, and Boston!

Too bad that conference doesn't take place in June or July....

Russell Blackford said...

Yeah, I know. I guess it's a good time to be in Florida from American's point of view, though.

longsmith said...

Come to Boston!!!