About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Page proofs coming soon

I am now expecting to have page proofs for Freedom of Religion and the Secular State on 4 August. So ... the book remains on target for publication relatively soon (late 2011 or early 2012). There is always some lead time from this point until final publication, partly to allow time for some marketing things. But stay tuned, it's going to happen almost before you know it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What reading age should I have to understand this book?

Russell Blackford said...

It's meant to be accessible to a broad educated audience. And I don't see any reason why that couldn't include smart senior high school students.

Anonymous said...

I'm in year 6.

Russell Blackford said...

Hmmm, so you're about 11 or 12? Is that how your school system works?

I'm not aiming at people that young. Which is not to say that no people that young are capable of reading it - I don't underestimate smart young people (I hated that when I was young). But yeah, it's aimed at an older audience than 11 or 12.