About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Monday, July 04, 2011

Next stop a seminar on human enhancement

My paper at the AAP conference (on freedom of religion and the secular state) seemed to go quite well today. Tomorrow evening I take part in a seminar-cum-debate with Nicholas Agar on the topic of human enhancement. I guess Nick is going to be "against" it, and I'm going to be "for" it - though that's really a parody of our positions. Both of us are political liberals, and it'll be interesting to see just how far we really do differ.

No comments: