About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Full program for Global Atheist convention

The full program is now available here. I'll be speaking at 9.30 on the Saturday morning.

With controversial speakers such as Richard Dawkins, Taslima Nasrin, AC Grayling, Peter Singer, Catherine Deveny, and PZ Myers - and 2500 attendees - this is going to be quite a bash.

Here's a reformatted version of the program:


Friday 12 March 2010
6.00pm
Commencement of registration

6.15pm
Commence drinks & canapes

7.30pm
Opening of 2010 Global Atheist Convention – David Nicholls, Stuart Bechman & Kylie Sturgess

7.50pm
Sue-Ann Post

8.20pm
Mark Tier

8.40pm
Catherine Deveny

9.30pm
Close


Saturday 13 March 2010 - day

8.30am
Introduction - Kylie Sturgess


8.45am
Phillip Adams


9.30am
Russell Blackford


10.10am
Max Wallace


10.50am
Morning tea (Russell Blackford, Max Wallace book signing)

11.15am
John Perkins


11.45am
Taslima Nasrin


12.45pm
Lunch (Sue-Ann Post, Mark Tier book signing)

1.45pm
Panel - Maggie Millar, Lyn Allison, Leslie Cannold, Tanya Levin and Jane Caro


2.45pm
Tamas Pataki


3.30pm
Afternoon tea (Tanya Levin, Tamas Pataki book signing)

4.00pm
AC Grayling


5.00pm
PZ Myers


6.00pm
Close


Saturday evening 13 March 2010

6.15pm
Commencement of registration

7.00pm
Commencement of Saturday Night Dinner

7.15pm
Welcome – Dan Barker

7.55pm
Simon Taylor

8.35pm
NonStampCollector

9.25pm
Julian Morrow & Craig Reucassel

11.00pm
Close



Sunday 14 March 2010

9.00am
Introduction – Stuart Bechman


9.15am
Peter Singer


10.15am
Ian Robinson


11.00am
Morning tea (Peter Singer, AC Grayling book signing)

11.30am
Kylie Sturgess


12.00pm
Robyn Williams


12.45pm
Lunch (Dan Barker, Catherine Deveny book signing)

1.55pm
Jamie Kilstein


2.05pm
Dan Barker


2.50pm
Richard Dawkins


3.50pm
Close of the 2010 Global Atheist Convention - Stuart Bechman & Kylie Sturgess


4.00pm
Close (Richard Dawkins book signing)

5 comments:

Charles Sullivan said...

Man, I wish I could be there. I hope there will be some filming of the speakers. There are plenty I'd like to see, including you, Russell.

Jerry Coyne said...

Damn! I'm really, really sorry that I'm missing this!

Ophelia Benson said...

Same here! Waaaaah!

Lisa said...

Me three...though I was already feeling jealous when they were discussing this event back at the AAI convention in Burbank last October, and knew I didn't have the money to jet all the way down to Australia! (I was in the front row at Russell's speech, incidentally...very good, and I had no problem understanding his English!)

Russell Blackford said...

Thanks, Lisa - it was disheartening when some of the folks at RD.net claimed (sincerely, no doubt) to be unable to understand my not-all-that-strong Australian accent. It's not as if I can just snap my fingers and change it ... and I'd feel like a wanker if I even tried to modify it.