About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

I'm just back from the first evening of the Singularity Summit AU

I've gotta say that Gregory Benford spoke really well tonight - I'm biased, as he's an old pal of mine - going way back now - but he was very clear and sharp. This is a fairly small event, and I'd guess there were only about 50 people in the audience, but it's the first such conference in Australia, and it's natural that it start small. The organisers will doubtless make contacts and learn a lot for next time.

I'll be speaking on Sunday afternoon. Don't ask me whether any of the "summit" will be appearing online ... because I really don't have any idea. :)

1 comment:

spiral_shell said...

Hi there,
Yes, if the video footage works out then the summit will appear online.

Cheers,
Adam