About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Hugo Awards tonight

Bacigalupi's book is a hot favourite for the Best Novel award ... but we shall see. My reading takes place this afternoon, so here I am selecting a passage from "Manannan's Children".

Edit: ... and we get a tie for best novel. When did that last happen?

2 comments:

Irene Delse said...

Another interesting thing: this is the second time that the Best Fan Writer award went to a pro writer who blogs.

Russell Blackford said...

To answer my question, the last time was 1993.