About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Friday, August 07, 2009

This week in Canada

As a lot of my Facebook friends have already seen, this has been a mixed week for me. It was great visiting Udo Schuklenk in Kingston, Ontario, and meeting Udo for the first time - as well as his friends, including recent JET contributor Colin Farrelly and 50VoD contributors Adele Mercier and Christine Overall. Many thanks go to Udo, who was a kind and gracious host. Thanks also to Adele for hosting the fine dinner party on Tuesday night.

The downside is that I started to become ill about the time we were leaving Toronto for Kingston. By yesterday morning I had lost my voice, which means I'm having to pull out of most of my programming for the worldcon (perhaps all of it, depending on how well I brush up over the next few days). Although I'm pissed off about this, there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just concentrating at the moment on resting and getting better.

1 comment:

Ophelia Benson said...

That's the trouble with travel! Jets have crappy air full of viruses - so one gets to Good Place and promptly becomes too ill to enjoy it properly. Life's a bastard.