About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The snark was a boojum

While we're hunting for snark, I should mention that I still get comments such as the following:


Keep that comment moderation on, you little idiot

CURVEBALL!

altnation.com/forums/spirituality-philosophy/150951-judgment-day-final.html#post3771825

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like Dennis Markuze aka Dave Mabus.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/10/dennis_markuze_exposed.php

Russell Blackford said...

Yup, it's Dave Mabus all right. Just letting folks know he hasn't gone away.

Glendon Mellow said...

He forgot about me for about a year and then found me on Twitter.

Too bad he never found YNH.

Mariah said...

He'd gone away for a little while (I guess he was harassing people on Twitter?) Now he's back in force, of course.

I still can't figure out how this guy hasn't gotten arrested yet. His identity is well-known, and many of his spams have arguably been death threats. Whether or not a death threat is credible, when you make like 50 of them a month, shouldn't some kind of law come into play there?

Didn't Canada enact a hate speech law recently? Now, I personally am very leery of such a law, but isn't a wanker like Markuze pretty much the ideal target of a law like that?!

My sister recently started commenting on my blog, she posts anonymously and signs it by her initials: DM. The first time she did that I was really confused ;)

James Sweet said...

Argh, I think I posted as my wife again. Oops.