About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jerry Coyne wins an award

I see that Jerry Coyne has won an "Emperor Has No Clothes Award" for his outspoken atheism. Congratulations, Jerry. Very timely, too, given the subject matter under discussion here over the last several days.

1 comment:

RoBe said...

This "don't be a dick" philosophy seems to cut both ways. My personal, unasked for opinion? There are plenty of theists who give as good as they get, for example, the fine people over at theology web, triablogue and victor repperts blog. Want to see theists being dicks, there's a few good examples. And you know what? I learnt a few things by being slapped around by those guys.