About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Even more meta

Here's a post by Bruce Everett about going meta. It's too late, alas, to avoid the meta arguments now - although it's still my preference to debate ideas, rather than to debate ideas about what ideas we should promulgate and how, and whether or not someone should have promulgated idea X, and whether ...

Anyway, stuff has happened and we're up to our necks in meta whether we like it or not. But we can at least recognise our situation.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

I don't know if I'm falling into the navel I'm gazing at, or disappearing up my own fundament.It's some kind of ouroboros arrangement.