About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Munkittrick on how to make sex better - IEET countdown # 25

How could I not refer y'all to an item on this topic. So, go and read Kyle Munkittrick's advice on how to make sex better.

Warning: it's rather big-picture advice, not a recipe book of new things for you to do at home. You'll have to go elsewhere for that, alas.

3 comments:

Spencer Troxell said...

That was a really interesting article, Russell.

Of particular interest to me was the article embedded in the one you linked to regarding pedophiles.

I work in the human services, and encounter sex offenders regularly. In spite of all of my training and experience, I had never read of, given much thought (or even considered the possibility) to the possible existence of a 'good pedophile'. Megan Mcardle's post is certainly food for thought, and the fact that this consideration is new to me (and I am no slouch when it comes to studying my field), should also be telling.

Russell Blackford said...

I didn't see that. Yes, the idea of a good pedophile seems counteintuitive, but I'd like to know how the expression is used. I suppose I'd use it of someone who has the disposition but deliberately refrains from acting on it, or something like that. But I don't know if that was the context.

Spencer Troxell said...

You got the context right. Here's the link from within the piece, if you're interested in reading it:

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/02/the-desire-that-dare-not-speak-its-name/35312/