About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Munkittrick on how to make sex better - IEET countdown # 25

How could I not refer y'all to an item on this topic. So, go and read Kyle Munkittrick's advice on how to make sex better.

Warning: it's rather big-picture advice, not a recipe book of new things for you to do at home. You'll have to go elsewhere for that, alas.


Spencer Troxell said...

That was a really interesting article, Russell.

Of particular interest to me was the article embedded in the one you linked to regarding pedophiles.

I work in the human services, and encounter sex offenders regularly. In spite of all of my training and experience, I had never read of, given much thought (or even considered the possibility) to the possible existence of a 'good pedophile'. Megan Mcardle's post is certainly food for thought, and the fact that this consideration is new to me (and I am no slouch when it comes to studying my field), should also be telling.

Russell Blackford said...

I didn't see that. Yes, the idea of a good pedophile seems counteintuitive, but I'd like to know how the expression is used. I suppose I'd use it of someone who has the disposition but deliberately refrains from acting on it, or something like that. But I don't know if that was the context.

Spencer Troxell said...

You got the context right. Here's the link from within the piece, if you're interested in reading it: