About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Monday, January 31, 2011

And it's Djokovic!

Whether or not Murray was tired from his battle with Ferrer or whatever, Djokovic was clearly the better player on the night and deserved to win. His defense was incredible and he pulled of some sensational winners.

I started off neutral in my preferences, but as the match went on it became clear that only an injury to Djokovic, or perhaps some kind of major choke, could save Murray - these were not things that I wanted to happen, so I started rooting for Djokovic. But commisserations to all my friends who were hoping the Scotsman would come through for them.

Great atmosphere in the Rod Laver Arena last night.

No comments: