About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bestselling books from the Global Atheist Convention

Here is the list from Readings, who were the convention's bookseller. 50 Voices of Disbelief came in second after The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins.

Y'all who bought it, don't forget to pass on the word if you like what you read.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

As one of those heartbroken Australian atheists who didn't make it to Melbourne (study commitments/funds), I was delighted to have a small piece of the Conference come to Macquarie University, where Dan Barker debated (and slaughtered) George Pell.

I bought a copy of Barker's latest book, "Godless", and I'm about half way through it, and thoroughly loving it. Sorry to see it didn't make the top ten. In some respects, it's an atheist primer for debating theists, as well as being an often moving account of his transition from evangelical preacher to atheist. Highly recommended!

Russell Blackford said...

Yes, I like Dan Barker's book as well ... and I had a chance to talk to him a few times. He seemed like a really nice bloke.

William Skyvington said...

Why has there been so little feedback in the Aussie media about the convention?

Nigel said...

I was lucky enough to be at the convention and to get hold of a copy of 50 voices. I just wanted to say thanks Russell (and Udo) for another important work in the ongoing battle. I haven't read much of it yet, but what I have read has resonated deeply with me, and I appreciate the time and effort put into it.

Ophelia Benson said...

Yay 50 Voices!

xrayzed said...

I picked up a copy of "50 Voices" as well. I've only read half a dozen randomly articles, and so far they've diverse and good-to-outstanding.

They're also short enough to make ideal public transport reading.

Highly recommended.

K said...

It was good to hear your book sold well. Such a great book, I wish it would sell more.

Unknown said...

I got my copy there too - been meaning to pick it up for a while and this was the perfect opportunity. Thanks for signing it, Russell!