About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gigs

A couple of up-coming local gigs.

On 10 March I'll be talking to the Atheist Society on the topic "Voices of Disbelief". This relates to the book that I'm editing with Udo Schuklenk, and I'll doubtless have a bit to say about my own motivation for wanting to edit such a book, and why I think this is a good time to be expressing our disbelief in the claims of religion. It's free (though you'll have an opportunity to make a gold coin donation) and no booking is required. Just turn up at the Unitarian Hall, 110 Grey Street, East Melbourne, at 8 pm.

On 26 March I'll be talking to the Humanist Society on the topic "Liberalism, humanism, and freedom of speech: The trouble with religious vilification laws". I take it that title is self-explanatory. The venue is Balwyn Library, 336 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn (Melway map reference 46 E8). Again, it's free, though a gold coin donation at the door is encouraged, and no booking is required. Turn up at 8 pm.

No comments: