About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another IQ2 debate - this one in Germany

I assume the video of this will end up on IQ2 Germany's website eventually, which won't be a lot of use to me since I don't speak German. But surely a lot of y'all out there do, so I draw it to your attention. Note that A.C. Grayling is one of the speakers. The topic is to the effect that the Catholic Church is a good thing - a benediction or blessing.

Oh, and much the same topic will be debated in Melbourne later this year under the auspices of IQ2oz. It's an interesting batch of speakers, though the only ones I'm very familiar with are Horta, Summers, and Marr.

No comments: