About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Friday, August 19, 2011

That time of year again

Yes, the years roll around. Yesterday was my birthday, and I've been celebrating with a series of birthday lunches over the last few days.

Here I am with my father at today's lunch. Happy day-after-birthday to me. Another year older and even greyer, but I guess that's a lot better than the alternative.

6 comments:

Darrick Lim said...

Happy birthday Russell! I certainly hope to be as intellectually engaged as you when I earn my grey. :)

Russell Blackford said...

I hope I'll still be as switched on as my dad when I reach his current age.

Jerry Coyne said...

Happy birthday, mate!

Russell Blackford said...

Thanks, Jerry!

Charles Sullivan said...

You hardly look a day over 40. Happy birthday.

Miranda Celeste Hale said...

Aw! You guys are adorable :)