About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Forthcoming US trip

I'll be visiting the US in late February through to mid-March. This is primarily to talk at the Council for Secular Humanism conference in Orlando at the beginning of March. But I do have some other gigs arranged - in Hartford, New Haven, and Buffalo (CFI headquarters in Amherst).

Unfortunately, time will preclude any others. Hopefully there will be another chance at some stage, and I may be able to stay longer next time. Unfortunately, I don't have the sort of financial resources to do this sort of thing out of my own pocket (thanks, in this case, to the CFI/CSH for covering my expenses relating to their gigs, which includes actually getting me to the US and back).

I'll announce details a bit closer to the time for people who live in those areas or are thinking of going to the Council for Secular Humanism conference.

1 comment:

Russell Blackford said...

And especial thanks to them because I have, indeed, had to do all my trips to the US in the past entirely out of my own pocket.

Getting some funding is very much appreciated, living as I do in a spot that is certainly pleasant (and on balance I'm happy here) but isolated from a lot of things that are important to me.