About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Monday, June 07, 2010

Talk at Embiggen Books

My recent talk at Emiggen Books, up at Noosaville on the Sunshine Coast, is now available here. (Notice the total lack of Powerpoint slides ... my new policy is to do without them where possible.)

5 comments:

David said...

Really enjoyed the talk Russell. Found it to be qquite a solid oral description of the evolution (if you will) of secularism.

I especially enjoyed the questions and the focus on Australian issues, I feel (I suppose similarly to some of the questioners) there is a distinct lack of openly atheistic and actively secular voices in the media and political spheres of Australia.

Anonymous said...

His topic maybe interesting, but he is such a boring speaker.

And I must add he is a boring blog writer as well. And to think he claims to be a writer.

He should get some tips from the scientists bloggers in the U.S.

Blake Stacey said...

"Every time you make a PowerPoint, Edward Tufte kills a kitten."

Russell Blackford said...

Alway nice to hear from the "anonymous" cowards.

Robert N Stephenson said...

and it wasn't even me Russell - now I know how to put my name to my own drivel.

True, I think voice modulation could be better, but that your voice, so changing it would be just, just, well wrong. I think