About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, July 24, 2009

Death of Charles N. Brown

While I was away last week, I missed out on blogging about the death of Charles N. Brown, co-founder and editor of the important (nay, crucial) news magazine Locus. Locus is quite simply the journal of record for the science fiction world. Charles was a good and generous man who made immense contributions to the genre that he loved so much. He had countless friends - and I'm glad to have been one of them, in a small way.

He died peacefully on 12 July, and will be much missed.

No comments: