About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Sunday, July 05, 2009

AAP conference this week

Over the next few days, I'll be at the AAP - Australasian Association of Philosophy - conference, which is being held in Melbourne again this year. Transmission will be intermittent, alas.

I'll be giving a paper on Thursday evening: "NOMA No More!" Attacking the discredited NOMA Principle is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel; however, this particular fishy theory has more lives than Doctor Who, so it's worth taking another shot at it.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Damn, missed it again. Simon Blackburn would be good to hear. Looking at the timetable, there probably wouldn't have been much to justify the $120 a day cost just to catch a paper or 2 that I'd not understand well. :)

Hope the paper goes well. Noma is like a cockroach.

Russell Blackford said...

Yes, I'm looking forward to dragging myself in there early on whichever day it is for Simon Blackburn's paper.