About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Sunday, July 05, 2009

AAP conference this week

Over the next few days, I'll be at the AAP - Australasian Association of Philosophy - conference, which is being held in Melbourne again this year. Transmission will be intermittent, alas.

I'll be giving a paper on Thursday evening: "NOMA No More!" Attacking the discredited NOMA Principle is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel; however, this particular fishy theory has more lives than Doctor Who, so it's worth taking another shot at it.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Damn, missed it again. Simon Blackburn would be good to hear. Looking at the timetable, there probably wouldn't have been much to justify the $120 a day cost just to catch a paper or 2 that I'd not understand well. :)

Hope the paper goes well. Noma is like a cockroach.

Russell Blackford said...

Yes, I'm looking forward to dragging myself in there early on whichever day it is for Simon Blackburn's paper.