About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Monday, June 15, 2009

Normal transmission quite soon

I'm still on the road, but will be back in Melbourne on Wednesday night. It's been an interesting 10 days so far, and I've enjoyed seeing some old friends in Adelaide ... and loved ones here in Newcastle. When I get back, I have an examiners' meeting the first day, need to do some work on an article for the Journal of Medical Ethics, plus quite a bit of JET work (finishing off the current issue and starting on the new one). One thing I've managed in the last day or so is to scribble a review of Jerry Coyne's Why Evolution Is True, which I'll be tidying up for publication in JET. I also need to work on a paper about NOMA for the AAP conference at the start of July, after which Jenny and I will be back here in Newcastle for another week. Plus, I have various other articles to work on/reviews to write.

We'll be overseas for the entirety of August and a few days on either side of it. I also expect to be overseas throughout October, but my plans haven't entirely fallen into place.

All in all, it's shaping up to be a very interesting second half of 2009.

Anyway, normal transmission resumes quite soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you got here. I'd like to read more concerning this topic. Thank you for sharing that material.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool place you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Joan Kuree