About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Jenny Blackford on The Lord of the Rings




Jenny discusses why she loved, and loves, Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. A funny, candid, concise explanation of what the LOTR love is all about.

Edit: Special bonus - go here for me on Stranger in a Strange Land.

1 comment:

Steven Paul Leiva said...

I have sent Jenny's piece on to my wife, Amanda, who, I believe, shares her feelings and experiences re LOTR.

I have never been able to read the work, but then, I have never really liked fantasy fiction in prose, but oddly love it in film. Maybe entering such realms is such a visual experience I trust film SFX masters more than I trust my imagination. In any case, I'm sure it's my loss, and Jenny's piece makes me possibly want to pick up the books. Who knows?