About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Monday, March 05, 2012

Sunday (here in Orlando) Supervillainy - abandoned and forsaken comics plots

I came across this while seeking out your weekly dose of supervillainy. Although I knew about some of these weird retcons, many were obscure to me. Some of the ones that I vaguely knew about are even more whacky when you get the story laid out in one quick explanation (with illos) as with Johnny Storm's marriage to Alicia Masters - who actually turns out to be a scheming, shape-shifting Skrull. The retconned version of the story is even more melodramatic than the original.

OTOH, some of the retcons are just as well. I wonder how much we could all agree on which ones...

No comments: