About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Monday, March 05, 2012

Sunday (here in Orlando) Supervillainy - abandoned and forsaken comics plots


I came across this while seeking out your weekly dose of supervillainy. Although I knew about some of these weird retcons, many were obscure to me. Some of the ones that I vaguely knew about are even more whacky when you get the story laid out in one quick explanation (with illos) as with Johnny Storm's marriage to Alicia Masters - who actually turns out to be a scheming, shape-shifting Skrull. The retconned version of the story is even more melodramatic than the original.

OTOH, some of the retcons are just as well. I wonder how much we could all agree on which ones...

No comments: