About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Monday, May 30, 2011

Another strong review for X-Men: First Class

The good reviews keep coming, and here's another one - it seems that the critics love this movie. How far should I get my hopes up, I wonder. We'll see later this week; I'll get along to see it asap, and will definitely review it here.

1 comment:

Kassul said...

I'll be sure to read that review!

... after I've seen the movie. Right now I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up too high. The fact that Patrick/Ian wont be Charles/Erik has got my expectations down to reasonable levels I think. I just have to keep them down there so I can enjoy the film :P

I completely understand why the film makers can't make use of Patrick/Ian to portray their characters, but I really quite enjoyed their performances. I'm a big fan of pretty near all the film work I've seen by them, and the little bits and pieces of stage stuff. I might understand why they can't be used, but that doesn't mean I won't miss them. I've heard lots of good things about the new guys, especially Fassbender, but still... :(