About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Friday, July 02, 2010

AAP conference coming up

With the AAP conference in Sydney occupying the whole of next week, I'll be on a blog break soon. Just some advance warning here. The program looks pretty interesting; I just need to get myself sufficiently on human-being time, rather than vampire time, to make sure I get to as many papers as I can. Having my own paper on at 9 am on Tuesday may help with that.

Incidentally, it seems that the metaethical position that I have argued for on this blog and hinted at in, for example, my piece on Singer in The Journal of Medical Ethics last year has been given a name. Or at least a position rather similar. A very recent (2010) paper by Caroline West labels a position much like mine "revisionary moral realism". Okaaaay ...

No comments: