About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, November 16, 2007

Cloning monkeys

When I get a minute, I'll comment on this news about the first successful attempt to produce cloned monkey embryos for research purposes. It will very likely breathe some new life into debates about human cloning.

Meanwhile, having written a lot about cloning - including a whole novel about the difficulties involved in cloning a giant ape - I can't resist at least drawing attention to such an interesting development.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You probably know this already, but Ian Wilmut is changing his methods.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7099758.stm

Various groups are (unsurprisingly) crowing.

You can pay me for the internet searches later :-)

Corylus