About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Something a bit lighter


Over summer, I'm trying to get back into shape - instead of just complaining about being out of shape. Having bloated out to almost 190 pounds (sorry to those folks who think in kilograms), I've now managed to drop down to less than 180.
Fifteen years ago, my best weight was about 170 pounds, as in this pic - but I'm just not that heavily muscled now that I'm in my middle age (dammit) and not up to the sort of training I was then.
Grrrr, I probably need to get down to something more like a slim 165. Wish me luck people; that still doesn't sound easy. Maybe I need a sponsor or something.

3 comments:

Blake Stacey said...

Good luck!

Recently, I discovered that diabetes runs in my family, so I gave up soda, cutting my caffeine intake back to tea. The Star Trek fan inside me chuckles every time I prepare "tea, Earl Grey, hot."

Russell Blackford said...

Wise move, Blake, but I was hoping your post was going to be from someone offering me a thousand bucks for every pound lost until I get down to 165. ;)

Blake Stacey said...

Well, even if you don't find that sponsorship, at least there's no shortage of books to review.