About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Russell Blackford page at Academia.edu

For anyone interested, and who might not see this in some other way, I've built a page for myself on the Academia.edu site. The new "Russell Blackford" page includes several previously published articles that I've uploaded to give them additional life. Among them, there's a slightly longer and better version of my ABC Religion and Ethics Portal article on Sam Harris and free will: among other tweaks, I've restored some cut material and reverted some changed wording between my manuscript, as sent to the ABC, and the version that was published in April 2012. Some of the original editing done on the manuscript by the ABC improved it, but IMO not all. So this is the director's cut if you want to think of it that way.

Among others, I've also included my "Science and the Sea of Faith" piece, which is not otherwise readily available.

And I've also included a quite detailed academic CV, if you're by any chance interested. I'm not expecting that readers of this blog are going to besiege me with job offers, but I do think it's worthwhile having a CV Out There online that gives something of the full story: something a bit less minimalist and austere than I'd usually write about myself. (The CV on my own website now pretty much mirrors the Academia.edu one, but I'm not expecting anybody to run off and compare them, so I won't bother you with that link.)

No comments: