About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Monday, June 01, 2015

Sex Criminals Volume 1: One Weird Trick - Hugo Voting (with basic spoilers)

This is a quirky, mildly erotic - and sometimes quite funny - story about characters who are able to stop time when they have orgasms... enabling them to get up to all sorts of nefarious shenanigans. Hence the title: "sex criminals".

Good for the creators, Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarksy, for having the amusing idea, and for running with it for laughs. To be honest, though, Sex Criminals Vol. 1 didn't do a lot for me. Your mileage may vary, so by all means check it out if what I've sketched sounds like it might be your thing. For myself, I'd be voting for Ms. Marvel over this in the Best Graphic Story Category.

No comments: