About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Book contract signed with Springer - Science Fiction and the Moral Imagination

ICYMI (and I probably haven't made enough fuss about this), back in November I signed a contract with Springer to write a book entitled Science Fiction and the Moral Imagination: Visions, Minds, Ethics.

The manuscript is due for delivery in late 2016, which implies a publication date some time in 2017. That's quite a long time to wait to see the book in print, but not such a long time for me to write it (while dealing with some other projects that are under negotiation). I'll be spending a lot more time than has recently been the case getting back to reading science fiction novels and stories, watching SF movies, etc. I'm sure writing the book will be hard work, as always, but the research should be fun.

Science Fiction and the Moral Imagination will be part of Springer's new Science and Fiction series.

No comments: