About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Friday, December 03, 2010

Finished!!!

Well ... a stage is finished. As of yesterday morning, I finished a respectable version of the last chapter of the new book - and I've since been sweeping back through the entire manuscript, tweaking here, pruning there, clarifying somewhere else, and generally doing a copyedit/proofread as I go. And I'm now declaring the first draft finished.

In a moment, I'll start printing it out, as there's no substitute for someone checking through a hard copy. I'll hand it over to long-suffering Jenny to do a layer of proofreading, and she's bound to catch some stuff that I missed.

This is, as mentioned, only the first draft, though I think it's a pretty good one. You'll be getting updates as things move along.

For now, at least a tiny celebration is order while I think of the next task. I've neglected quite a few things over the past two weeks while I've been working intensely on the book. Hopefully, though, my readers have at Metamagician and the Hellfire Club haven't felt neglected (though I'm sure you missed me yesterday when I was really too focused on the book for any blogging).

No comments: